About the instructor
Scott Joseph has been reviewing restaurants for more than 30 years. In that time he established himself as the most trusted, reliable and comprehensive source of restaurant information in the region. His advice was so closely followed that Orlando magazine named him one of the city’s “50 Most Powerful People” on multiple occasions.
He has written thousands of reviews, columns and articles on the restaurant industry.
He is a member of the Association of Food Journalists and a frequent judge for national restaurant awards.
His reviews can be heard on National Public Radio affiliate WMFE-FM and WFTV-Channel 9 in Orlando. He also serves as a consultant on fine service and food for new and established restaurants.
Joseph has appeared as a dining expert on CNN International, Canada AM and The Daily Buzz, and has been featured in the pages of Wine Enthusiast, Food & Wine, Bon Appetit and numerous other journals and periodicals.
- Proper Placement and Handling of Flatware
- Proper Placement and Handling of Flatware (text version)
- Proper Placement of Glassware
- Proper Placement of Glassware (text version)
- The Scourge of the Rollup
- The Scourge of the Rollup (text version)
- The Use of Chargers and Show Plates
- The Use of Chargers and Show Plates (text version)
- Some Notes About Napkins
- Some Notes about Napkins (text version)
- Table Setting Quiz
- How to Serve, How to Clear
- How to Serve, How to Clear (text version)
- How to Pour Water
- Step-saving Efficiencies
- Moving Through the Restaurant
- Moving Through the Restaurant (text version)
- Handling a Complaint -- and a Compliment
- Handling a Complaint (text version)
- Pivot-point Order Taking
- Pivot-Point Order Taking (text version)
- Basics of Proper Service Quiz